America’s First Freedom is Under Attack
The First Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the freedom of religion to every American citizen. Unfortunately, religious freedom is under attack — in our churches, in our schools and in the public arena – like never before in American history. Liberty Institute is defending and restoring religious freedom by meeting these attacks head on.
In The Church
Liberty Institute defends and restores religious freedom for our churches and other religious organizations, including the right to:
- Preach and teach without legal reprisal
- Serve the community free from discrimination
- Assemble without government harassment
- Operate according to your beliefs
In The Military
Liberty Institute defends and restores religious freedom for our military and veterans and for those who support and honor them including:
- Military chaplains are free to hold and practice their faith as their religion and conscience dictate without any threat or fear.
- Members of the military are free to hold and practice their faith as their religion and conscience dictate without any threat or fear.
- Religious military support organizations are free to minister to members of the military and their family without any threat or fear.
- Veterans are free to honor their own through public expressions of faith.
- Veterans are free to honor their own through memorials and monuments that contain religious imagery.
- The American public is educated on the history, tradition, legacy, heritage and role of faith in our military.
In The School
Students, parents and teachers have the right to express their faith in public and private — including in our schools and universities. Liberty Institute defends and restores religious liberty for all:
- Teachers, principals and staff
- Religious organizations and clubs
In The Public Arena
Protecting religious freedom in the public arena is critically important. This includes defending and restoring:
- Religious speech in public locations
- Public religious displays
- Religious speech in the workplace with no retribution for employees, employers, customers and vendors
Request Legal Help
If you believe your constitutional rights and religious freedoms have been denied, we would like to hear from you. Please take a moment now to tell us your story.