Current Job Openings
Donor Support Assistant
Position Description: Donor Support Assistant –
In 1972, Liberty Institute began as a small advocacy organization under a different name and advanced the cause of liberty, including religious liberty.
What began nearly 40 years ago has grown into an influential national non-profit law firm, dedicated to defending and restoring religious liberty across America. For more information, please visit www.LibertyInstitute.org.
Liberty Institute has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. We are looking for an experienced Donor Support Assistant to work with our Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database.
- Reports to the Donor Support and IT Services Manager
- Maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database
- Perform Raiser's Edge gift batch entry for all gifts received at home office
- Checks/credit cards/currency/wire transfer/stock/gift-in-kind, etc.
- Special events/snail mail/direct mail/major donor gifts/other donors, etc.
- Provide daily/weekly gift entry reports for staff and accounting.
- Produce donor acknowledgment letters within 24-48 hours of gift receipt
- Reconcile weekly/monthly with accounting department (Raiser's Edge/QuickBooks)
- Serve as a liaison between Development/Accounting
- Produce basic query/reports/export functions
- Perform basic donor database management such as managing constituent biographical information, relationships, gifts, interactions and historical records within the Raiser's Edge platform.
- Assist in managing the integrated coding methodologies for the development fundraising strategic plans
- Proactively identify opportunities for systems and workflow improvements, recognizing potential problems, and providing recommendations for solutions
- Download/process Blackbaud NetCommunity transactions daily via gift batch
- Establish and maintain pledge receivables within the Raiser’s Edge environment, , send out pledge reminders monthly (or as applicable)
- Establish and manage the recurring gift donations in Raiser's Edge, send out “missed recurring payment” reminder as needed
- Update database with event card information
- Assist Manager with on-going historical database cleanup
- Maintain returned mail and email opt outs to protect the integrity of the database
- Process NetCommunity Signups, Constituent Profile Updates, Event Registrations, Surveys and Polls
- Perform quarterly NCOA updates
- Provide project and internal event support, as needed
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of Liberty Institute and be driven by the mission. The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a non-profit organization using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge Database and NetCommunity CMS. Additional requirements are:
- At least 5 years professional experience with a CRM database is required. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years experience working with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database systems.
- Familiar with PCI Compliance rules and regulations
- Familiar with social media, online giving and/or Blackbaud NetCommunity is preferred
- Experience in basic events data management is desired
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping terminology is required
- Must be flexible and able to adapt easily to shifting priorities. Ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines is required.
- A team player who demonstrates integrity and strives for excellence in her/his work
- Action Oriented - enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can troubleshoot and overcome technical challenges when necessary.
- Solid educational background - Bachelor or similar undergraduate degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases, database system management, CRM and CMS.
- Excellent computer skills including specific knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
- Experience using Mac and PC a plus
- Acute attention to detail with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer service approach. Must be able to communicate complex, technical information to non-technical staff.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. Liberty Institute is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Liberty Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or marital status, in accordance with federal and state law.
Qualified candidates can apply and submit resumes at: http://www.libertyinstitute.org/jobs-at-liberty-institute