What to Pray
- City of Bellaire v. Bellaire Jewish Center – We are representing a Jewish synagogue that is being threatened by the City of Bellaire. Please pray for a successful resolution of the complaints that have been made against the synagogue.
- Craig James v. Fox Sports – Please pray for our legal matter representing Craig James. We specifically request prayer for an upcoming deposition of a Fox Sports Southwest executive. James, a former college and NFL star, and sports broadcaster, was terminated from his on-air position at Fox Sports Southwest because of his religious beliefs. Fox Sports terminated James because of views he expressed during a U.S. Senate debate regarding traditional marriage prior to working at Fox Sports Southwest.
- Matthews v. Kountze ISD - Please continue to lift up in prayer our case where we present the Kountze Cheerleaders. The case is now before the Beaumont Court of Appeals and we are waiting on a decision.
- Prescott v. Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission – Along with the Attorney General of Oklahoma, we are defending the Oklahoma Ten Commandments' display that sits outside the Oklahoma State Capitol. The ACLU is representing a group of plaintiffs challenging this monument. There are now two separate lawsuits regarding this matter. Please pray for our attorneys as we work on this important case.
- Roman Catholic Diocese et al. v. City of Austin – Please continue to pray for our case representing Austin area pregnancy resource centers. This case was tried in April 2012. We recently filed a letter brief with the federal district judge in Austin, and we are still waiting for a decision from him.
- Schneider v. Congregation Toras Chaim – Please continue praying for us as we represent a Jewish synagogue that is being sued by an individual who does not want the synagogue in the neighborhood where he lives.
- Trunk v. U.S. and Mt. Soledad Memorial Association - Please continue to pray for our case where we represent the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association and are defending the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial (which includes a 29-foot cross that overlooks San Diego, CA). The case is currently on appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit after the federal district court judge in San Diego ruled that the Memorial’s cross must be torn down. The ruling for the cross to be torn down is stayed until all appeals are exhausted. Please pray for this case as we work on the appeal defending this historic veterans memorial.
- HHS Mandate Cases at U.S. Supreme Court (Hobby Lobby & Conestoga Wood) - The Supreme Court has scheduled oral argument for March 25 in these consolidated cases challenging the constitutionality of the ObamaCare "Abortion Mandate." That mandate requires employers to provide insurance coverage for abortion-inducing drugs, contraceptives and sterilization. The Abortion Mandate forces many employers to violate their religious consciences by requiring them to fund something they consider to be the killing of an innocent human being. Liberty Institute is giving legal counsel to ministries and private businesses caught in the ObamaCare Abortion mandate. We filed a brief supporting Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood at the Supreme Court and we also filed additional lawsuit representing a Minnesota car dealer, Hastings Auto, and its owner Doug Erickson, challenging the mandate. Please pray for these important cases, specifically praying for the attorneys who will be arguing before the Supreme Court and for the U.S. Supreme Court justices as they consider this issue.
By signing up for our online community to receive Liberty Watch, our timely electronic newsletter, you will stay informed on issues affecting religious liberty in America — and learn how together we can restore the religious freedom that our Founding Fathers intended.
Sign Up for Liberty Watch