What to Pray
- Matthews v. Kountze ISD - After losing its case against the cheerleaders earlier this month, Kountze ISD is appealing to the court of appeals. Please pray for the cheerleaders and our attorneys as we prepare for another battle. Pray that the Lord would guide and direct our steps along this path laid before us.
- American Family Association v. HHS - In this case challenging the constitutionality of the HHS Mandate that requires ministries to provide insurance coverage for abortion-inducing drugs, we are waiting on a decision on our request for a preliminary injunction, seeking to stop the enforcement of the law against a religious ministry . Please pray for a favorable ruling from the U.S. District Judge in Mississippi.
- Coos Bay, Oregon: Our attorneys met with the City Council of Coos Bay, to provide our report and recommendation regarding a Vietnam Veterans Memorial located in a city park. The City received a demand letter from the Freedom From Religion Foundation objecting to this veterans memorial because it includes a cross. Please pray for the City Council as they decide on what course of action to take regarding this veterans memorial.
- Morgan v. Plano I.S.D. - In the Plano Candy Cane case, we are waiting on a decision from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit concerning whether we can proceed with our state law religious liberty claims . Please pray for favor with the three judge panel, who will decide this appeal.
- Roman Catholic Diocese et al. v. City of Austin - We represent three Austin area pregnancy resource centers. This case was tried over one year ago in April 2012. To date, however, we have not received a decision from the federal district judge in Austin. Please continue to pray for a favorable ruling from the federal judge upholding the First Amendment rights of these ministries.
- Trunk v. U.S. and Mt. Soledad Memorial Association - We are continuing our work on this case where we represent the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association in defending the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial. The federal district court in San Diego has ordered us to engage in a mandatory settlement conference with the U.S. Magistrate Judge, which will occur on June 28. If that settlement conference is unsuccessful, the Court has set a briefing schedule and a final hearing date of September 16 to determine the fate of the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial Cross. Please pray for wisdom, guidance and favor as we continue our defense of this historic veterans memorial.
- For Profit Business Cases Against HHS Mandate - We are preparing a new lawsuit challenging ObamaCare's HHS Mandate on behalf of a for-profit, family owned business, that objects to providing insurance coverage for abortion-inducing drugs. Please pray as our attorneys work on the lawsuit papers and for favor with the federal judge, who will be assigned to this case. Additionally, please pray for other businesses who we have been consulting with regarding whether to join in brining lawsuits against the HHS Mandate. Please pray for wisdom and courage.
By signing up for our online community to receive Liberty Watch, our timely electronic newsletters, you will stay informed on issues affecting religious liberty in America — and how together we can restore the religious freedom that our Founding Fathers intended.
Sign Up for Liberty Watch