What to Pray
- Trunk v. U.S. and Mt. Soledad Memorial Association: In this extremely important case, Liberty Institute represents the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association in defending the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial (which includes a 29 foot cross that overlooks San Diego, CA). On December 12, the federal district court in San Diego will conduct a hearing to determine the fate of this veterans memorial. On behalf of the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association, Liberty Institute Director of Litigation Hiram Sasser will be participating in the hearing, along with volunteer attorneys Allyson Ho of Morgan Lewis and Charlie Berwanger of Gordon & Rees. Please pray that the judge will declare this historic veterans memorial constitutional and defeat the attempts of the ACLU to have it removed or torn down.
- Joe Holland Chevrolet v. HHS: Liberty Institute represents Charleston, West Virginia, car dealership Joe Holland Chevrolet in this case against the federal government, challenging the constitutionality of the ObamaCare HHS Mandate that requires employers to provide insurance to their employees, which includes coverage for abortion–inducing drugs. Attorneys representing the federal government moved to dismiss our case. The motion is now pending before U.S. District Judge Thomas E. Johnston. Please pray that the Court will deny the government's motion to dismiss and we can continue with this legal challenge to the HHS mandate.
- Matthews v. Kountze ISD: We represent the Kountze Cheerleaders in this case involving a school district's ban of Bible banners at football games. The school district is appealing the trial court's granting judgment for our clients, restoring their free speech and religious liberty rights. The case is now before the Beaumont Court of Appeals and we are waiting on a decision. Please pray that the appellate court will uphold the trial court's ruling.
- Craig James v. Fox Sports: Please continue to pray for our legal matter representing Craig James, a former college and NFL star and sports broadcaster who was terminated from his on-air position at Fox Sports Southwest because of his religious beliefs. We have filed an action in Collin County to investigate claims. Please pray for Craig James and our attorneys as we continue the investigation.
- Morgan v. Plano I.S.D.: Currently, on appeal to the Fifth Circuit is our claim representing parents against school officials in the Candy Cane case. Please pray for the judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit as they consider this appeal.
- Prescott v. Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission: Along with the Attorney General of Oklahoma, we are defending the Oklahoma Ten Commandments' display that sits outside the Oklahoma State Capitol. The ACLU is representing a group of plaintiffs, challenging this monument. Please pray as we work on this important case.
- Roman Catholic Diocese et al. v. City of Austin: We represent three Austin area pregnancy resource centers. This case was tried in April 2012. We are still waiting for a decision from the federal district judge in Austin. Please continue to pray for a favorable ruling, upholding the First Amendment rights of these ministries.
By signing up for our online community to receive Liberty Watch, our timely electronic newsletters, you will stay informed on issues affecting religious liberty in America — and how together we can restore the religious freedom that our Founding Fathers intended.
Sign Up for Liberty Watch